[Jacob-list] Quirky Quilting

Debbie Bennett dbennet954 at earthlink.net
Mon Jun 11 10:18:39 EDT 2001

I bought an adult ram during the summer and the first time it rained, he
appeared to quilt. The black fleece appeared shorter, but could be
pulled out to the same length as the white. The black in his fleece has
more elasticity than the white. It might be interesting to micron test
and see if its finer than the white. At shearing, his fleece is not
quilted, the white and black staples are the same length.

Debbie Bennett
Feral Fibre