[Jacob-list] Cattle panel hay feeders and stuck sheep.

Thomas Simmons creagchild at monad.net
Thu Jul 26 12:16:06 EDT 2001

    What do you do with animals that insist on sticking their heads through small openings to eat whatever is on the other side or sometimes just to stick their head through????  Help!  I am getting frustrated

    Katrina -

    Obviously this wouldn't work for the panels at your feed station, but for fencing in general, I haved a section of the field enclosed with woven wire fencing.  i also run a single strand of electric wire, one foot inside the fence, about 8" above ground level.  This has prevented some of my "escape-artist-wannabes" from getting their heads all the way through the woven wire, as their knees will hit the electified strand first.  They learn FAST....

    thom