[Jacob-list] Comment on "American Jacob"

WenlochFrm at aol.com WenlochFrm at aol.com
Wed Jul 25 11:33:08 EDT 2001

In a message dated 7/25/01 8:49:16 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
benedict at snet.net writes:

> I assume from your "famous quote" that you are chosing your own definition
> of the term landrace. Meanwhile the rest of us botonists and agronomists

George, my reference material is the ALBC Handbook. I would never presume to
chose my own definition, but I will stand by what I said. I stated that it
was my opinion that the Jacob still fits the landrace definition. (As defined
by ALBC). And, it is still a democracy (I think), so you have a right to your
own opinion.

Joan Franklin