[Jacob-list] Sheep tails, I mean, tales!!

J Thomas shepherdofspots at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 21 13:43:24 EDT 2001

I've chuckled this week about the stories of Jacobs
watching drapes open and lining up in chorus for
breakfast (yes, I know they are starving)!

I noticed that they follow the "progress of lights" in
my house, move to the appropriate pasture and serenade
me to remind me of my forgetfulness in not feeding
them additional rations, but thought it was just me, a
newbie, imagining their movements and actions.

I've also noticed in the morning, that when the water
in the back house bathroom runs, they hear the noise
and respond appropriately.

Is keen hearing and the ability to discriminate sounds
(back vs. front bathroom) a primitive trait?

Joy Thomas

=====
Joy Thomas, Son-Rise Farm
Home of Jacob Sheep