[Jacob-list] (no subject)

WenlochFrm at aol.com WenlochFrm at aol.com
Wed Jul 11 19:30:28 EDT 2001

In a message dated 7/11/01 7:15:30 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
blotham at yahoo.com writes:

> We didn't get around to sheering until the 14th and
> 15th of June. Both of our older ewes had shed all of
> their belly wool and some under their chin and down
> the neck. They have done this in years past when we
> have been late in sheering. I just thought that it was
> stress from lambing. lol!

Joking aside, if a ewe has a break in the wool from lambing, there is a
problem with nutrition. A ewe on a good nutrition program will not have a
break just from lambing unless there is an illness or some other stress also
involved.

Joan Franklin