[Jacob-list] udder problem

sunbriar at juno.com sunbriar at juno.com
Tue Jan 30 22:11:34 EST 2001

Hi, the sheep is NOT a jacob,  shes an older ewe had twins today around
2pm. When I stripped the udder the stuff that came out was VERY thick and
bright clear yellow, like lemon jello! What the heck is it?  I checked on
the lambs at 9 pm and brought them a bottle just in case. Both lambs were
lively, one took the bottle the other didnt, they dont feel like theyve
eaten, but I would think theyd be acting weak if they hadnt gotten
something, Checked the udder and its still thick clear yellow. (I know
what colostrum looks like and this isnt it.)  Has naybody seen something
like this? Kathy