[Jacob-list] 8th try to list :o(

iseespots iseespots at email.msn.com
Mon Jan 29 13:17:39 EST 2001

Hi all,

I sent this out earlier, but it must not have gotten through....

Early in the days of this list when we had lots of
questions/experience/discussion from long-term curious breeders, the issue
of specific animals producing superior animals of one sex or another came
up.  Nobody knew of any related animal that had been studied with conclusive
results, but several people knew of INDIVIDUAL animals that produced either
superior ewe offspring or ram offspring no matter the mate they were put
with.  I would find an animal that could produce consistently excellent
offspring of a specific sex to be an asset if it worked year after year.  Of
course, that takes many years experience with individual animals----and just
how many rams last more than 24 months?

The Jacob Research Project is a pretty large research project ongoing that
asks lots of questions.  There would be a means to pull the information out
of it on these specific questions you are asking without double-asking the
questions.  We are always looking for new and interested breeders that want
to take the time looking at their animals and learning about their animals
and contributing to the breed's future.  The more animals we have submitted
to the study (registered or not), the better final results will be.

To become a participant, you do not need to submit all your animals or fill
in all the answers on the questionnaire(s).  Most people wind up wanting to
get all their animals done as they learn so much about them in the studying
process and become fascinated by what they are finding.

You can find a link and information regarding the study (this is becoming a
non-profit corporation to make it possible to send in the fleece samples
that have been  and will continue to be shipped in studied by
Yokum-McColl----with $$ that might be contributed to the study) at
http://www.iseespots.com/jrp/index.html

Mary Ellen
ISeeSpots Farm www.iseespots.com
Home of Jacob Sheep, and German Angora Rabbits,
colored German Angora crosses and a few French.
Renewable fleeces, loving personalities, friends.