[Jacob-list] vets - a matter of economics

Mary McCracken mcmcc at ucinet.com
Thu Jan 25 10:51:35 EST 2001

Exactly.  When I realize what the sick sheep is 'worth' in terms of $ I know
I need to solve the problem myself either by doing my own vetting or
shooting.  My vet is wonderful about giving advice over the phone as best he
can.  In the first couple of years I did have vet calls, even night time
visits, but realized I couldn't keep doing that and afford sheep.  I do have
other animals that go to the vet...horses, llamas and dogs.  But my vet has
even helped me with a wounded CHICKEN by phone.  ANd it lived!!