[Jacob-list] vets

sbennett sbennett at teleport.com
Thu Jan 25 08:50:57 EST 2001

There are a lot of sheep ranches around here and still not many vets (3
that I know of) in a 50 mile radius. The sheep ranchers don't use them
often. The vets charge $45 to $50 to drive out, plus whatever they do for
the animal. The commercial sheep producers I've talked to say, "A down
sheep is a dead sheep and why throw your money away?" They have no faith
in the vets and an individual sheep is not worth the vet bill. The vets
make more money on peoples' pets and horses and cattle.

So, until sheep become big business, we do what we can. Sad, but true,

Debbie Bennett
Feral Fibre