[Jacob-list] vets

Mary McCracken mcmcc at ucinet.com
Tue Jan 23 21:21:55 EST 2001

I had a nice older long fleeced brown ram for about three breeding seasons
and was UPSET by the percent of ram lambs I got from him.  I was trying to
get lovely fleeced replacement ewes.  Finally put him down but borrowed an
even older brown ram for this breeding season, again in hopes of getting
some lovely replacement ewes.  I'm curious.

Remember vaguely from Biology class that the male and female sperm have
different qualities in terms of behavior.  One being sprinters and the other
distance runners.  Perhaps the older ram knows to wait until the time is
VERY right...egg closer....It would be a very interesting data group.  I had
three rams of very different ages this breeding season.  So I'm curious to
see what difference there might be.  The pasture was pretty much equivalent.

mary