[Jacob-list] Hypocalcemia

Mary McCracken mcmcc at ucinet.com
Mon Jan 22 12:57:30 EST 2001

I use a molasses mineral lick especially blended for sheep.  Since providing that for the last two months of pregnancy and during lactation I have had no deficiency problems with pregnant ewes even those carrying big triplets.  My feeding schedule is to give good grass hay in the morning and alfalfa in the evening.  They also have a loose mineral salt mix for sheep available year around but they seems to switch over to the lick when it's available.
mary