[Jacob-list] Melanie's ewe

Chovhani melanie.boxall at sympatico.ca
Mon Jan 22 12:04:50 EST 2001

The more I read about this the more I wondered if this might be PART of
Zoe's problem. For a start we know she's pregnant, and I've just found out
that the minerals we've been giving don't include calcium. All the while I'm
treating for the post-binge, maybe if she's calcium deficient it could be a
double whammy. She is grinding her teeth and standing around looking dopey.
I just don't seem to be able to get the diarrhea under control. I've spoken
to several more experts on the phone this morning. We're going to try
sulfamethazine in a drench, but there are no vets available (surprise!) and
I must give any calcium orally.

But none of the feed stores have heard of this blue cattle calcium, is it a
powder, or a drench, does it have a brand-name? Anyone know if it's possible
to just wang in a ton of human calcium supplement?

Melanie
http://www.geocities.com/onionperogie
http://earthhome.tripod.com