[Jacob-list] Ram down, help!

Robvcas at aol.com Robvcas at aol.com
Sat Jan 20 11:50:12 EST 2001

   Melanie, I'm so sorry for all you're going through.  It's always tough
when things go wrong with our animals.  The only reason that I know of to
drench with oil would be if she is bloated.  The oil releases the bubbles and
moves the air through them.  If any livestock gets into the feed bins, its
best to remove  their water source as soon as possible, as the water swells
up the feed inside them.  After several hours they can  have water. With your
ewe, I would guess that TLC and isolation for awhile will give her the best
chance of recovery.  Offer hay and water and hope it all goes thru OK.  Robin
Casasanto