[Jacob-list] breeding lines

Chovhani melanie.boxall at sympatico.ca
Sat Feb 24 18:12:23 EST 2001

I'm a middle-of-the-road breeder, not in it for big bucks or showing, but we
don't "play" at Jacobs either, if you know what I mean, anything too far
from "correct" is dinner. We got into this breed because of our interest in
ancient breeds and also for fleeces. We've found we love them so much we now
breed them just because. These lambs are exquisite. When I put the photos up
Monday you'll see what I mean. On a scale of 1 to 10 (my scale) they are
both 12's. Your point about "an old saying that if it turns out bad, it's
inbreeding, but if it turns out good, it's line-breeding" is well-taken.
We've done it deliberately with small critters (rabbits and chickens) to
create specific lines and found it very useful. So you see I'm very
undecided, hence my asking everyone.

Melanie
http://www.geocities.com/onionperogie
http://earthhome.tripod.com

For the believer no evidence is necessary for the nonbeliever none is
possible