[Jacob-list] Triplets

Kate Barrett kbarrett at oregontrail.net
Wed Feb 21 16:43:57 EST 2001

Well there is more to my triplet story....this morning a romney  ewe who was truley bigger than the one who delivered the triplets on Monday, delivered one huge ram lamb...17 pounds...do you think my scale could be wrong??!!! It really is accurate, I think.   I was so sure she must have something more in there I went to look....but the room was empty, the big boy was all she had. She was not pushing either....is there any way to know whether to have to look for more?  I hate to be checking out every poor ewe that has delivered just because I thought she looked big.  Also had a beautifully marked Jacob ram lamb this morning from a not quite yearling ewe who is a fabulous mother.  He looks quite tiny out there at only 6.5 pounds, but he is feisty....a busy week so far.
Kate Barrett
Ruby Peak Jacobs