[Jacob-list] Maryland Sheep and Wool Festival Jacob Show

Mary Hansson iseespots at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 20 18:00:43 EST 2001

Hi all,

Bob May contacted me this afternoon again---apparently nobody took the bait
the last time I posted this, so he asked me to please put in another plug.
He got the forms from the MD Sheep and
Wool Festival several days ago.  PLEASE get the word out to all the Jacob
breeders
and owners that you can think of that might want to participate in the show.

  There was a beautiful crowd of sheep last spring to look at and just
enough sheep showed up to make the show a success.  They are wanting to make

sure it remains a success and a growing venture from year to year.  If there
aren't 35 sheep entered, they will lose the show, and if they lose the show,
they are afraid it won't get to happen again soon.  They have put lots of
work into making this a great show.  There were beautiful animals
represented last year from a number of farms----I really enjoyed sneaking
peeks over the rails as well as talking with other breeders that were doing
likewise.

Please e-mail Bob at rmay at njcar.org so he can get you the forms.  Bob is
also a member of JSBA and can be found listed in their membership lists for
those of you that have those handy.

Please pass this e-mail on (copying and forwarding is begged for on this
one) to all your buddies off the list and those that might not be connected
to the internet as well.

The
Maryland Sheep & Wool Festival is May 4-6.  The Jacob Show will either be on
Saturday 5/5 or Sunday 5/6.
Important thing is that entries must be postmarked by March 15, 2001.
Registration fees are $6 per animal.  Premiums start at $25 for 1st and go
down to $4 for 20th place.

Mary Ellen