[Jacob-list] Rams

Abigail Brown blotham at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 7 17:28:18 EST 2001

This is interesting because one year we had 2 sets of
ram lambs born(that was all we had that year). It was
late summer, early fall, when the most docile of the
four started to just stand around and the next day he
was dead. We always wondered if the two more dominate
ram lambs butted him to death. Then when his brother
started standing around the same way, we got him out
of there right away! Then it wasn't too long after
that, that we finally had to seperate the two brothers
as it looked as if they were butting each other too
much!

This year when we bred we left our ram in with the
girls thinking all would be well. NOT!  Right after
the first of the year we finally had to get him out of
there because when it came to graining time he began
to butt the pregnant ewes. That was all she wrote. He
was out of there. After reading the posts we have
stopped his grain.

With the first ram we had, that was what we practiced,
when he started to get to feisty, we would stop his
grain.

Abigail Brown
Shiloh Farms
Indiana