[Jacob-list] Rams

Jim Spahr spahrfarm at dragonbbs.com
Mon Feb 5 11:31:07 EST 2001

These are some really chilling stories about what rams can and will do.  I am glad the topic has come up once again for those who still think that making pets of rams is O.K.  Even if they are not pets, they still bear watching.  This past fall my husband was witness to just how powerful and dangerous rams are.  We had twin rams who both were equal in body and horn size.  They were around 3 yrs. old, so the horns were fairly massive and wide spread.  They backed up and cracked heads one time and Cornelius fell dead with the one blow.  His twin did not stop here, he butted him 4 or 5 more times after he was dead on the ground.  This happened in the breeding season.  The rams were on a diet of alfalfa hay.  My husband does feed corn to the rams after harvest, but always is extremely careful putting it out.

                                                                                              Mary Spahr