[Jacob-list] goats

Mark Essen messen at socket.net
Mon Feb 5 19:57:30 EST 2001

I have found that intensively managed paddocks have a lot less of this type of problem.  My Jacobs sheep and pygmy goats both will eat young shoots of thistle.  I do not have any milk weed in these paddocks, so I do not know how tasty they are.  I have had thistle pop up and get eaten.  I have also put many different animals in pens with mature thistle and nothing even gets close.
Mark Essen
Famous Acres
6701 County Road 353
Fulton, Mo.  65251
(573)642-0350
messen at socket.net
Jacobs 4-Horn Sheep, Pygmy Goats, Pyrenees, Peafowl, Highland Cattle, Yak, Emu, Fallow Deer, Zebu Cattle all living together in the Kingdom of Callaway