[Jacob-list] Lamb Chops

Linda wolfpen at rabun.net
Mon Dec 10 07:47:38 EST 2001

On Sat, 8 Dec 2001 12:34:58 -0500, Jim Spahr wrote:

>I marinated the chops in Teriyaki sauce  overnight, browned them and
>then baked them in the oven for awhile.  I must  admit that I still
>prefer pork chops, although the lamb chops were good.  I  need to
>experiment with other recipes. I have not tried the ground lamb or
>leg  of lamb yet.  A 76 year old German lady told me to marinate the
>leg of lamb  in buttermilk overnight.  My brother-in-law said his
>wife basted the Jacob  leg of lamb we gave him in apricot jam and he
>ate the entire leg himself!   Any more good recipes to share?
>
>Mary Spahr

One of my favorite recipes for lambs chops is also one of the easiest.  Marinate in
olive oil, burgundy ( any old cheap brand - chateau de la screwtop) and minced
garlic.  Add any herbs that you like.  These are really great cooked on the grill.
With weather like this, we are still cooking outside!

Linda

HAPPY HOLIDAYS FROM:
Patchwork Farm at Wolfpen Gap
http://www.PatchworkFibers.comhttp://www.patchworkfibers.com