[Jacob-list] Jacobs at fairs in general

J Thomas shepherdofspots at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 26 23:25:16 EDT 2001

I agree. My daughter's and son's Jacob and Shetland
could never be shown in a "comparative" (breed judging
or market type) 4H class. They show strictly in the
showmanship classes -- where they are judged on
animals' presentation by handler (them), general
cleanliness of animal and behavior.

I'm hoping to start a separate class for wool and
fleece sheep next year and by showing our Jacob and
Shetland in 4H classes to raise interest for sheep
other than traditional market lambs.

It's incredible to me how much there is to learn about
sheep whether they are traditional breeds or lesser
known.

Joy T

=====
Joy Thomas, Son-Rise Farm