[Jacob-list] 4H Fair showing

2512 at nethawk.com 2512 at nethawk.com
Sat Aug 25 23:13:04 EDT 2001

> If you had read the suggested article in the Journal of the Jacob Sheep
> Conservancy you would have realized its contents had nothing to do with
4H.  It
> is obvious you have not read the article.  Before offering criticism it is
wise
> to read the article first!!
>
> DRL

I am sorry, I kind of felt unfairly criticized myself, did you really read
my original post or just the posted topic? I will give you the benefit of
the doubt and assume you didn't as I sometimes do that too.  I was talking
about 4H and you suggested I read an article that was not about 4H-thus did
not immediately apply to me at the time.  I stated that didn't apply to me
so before you quote my words in your own reply (which always gets my
attention, good or bad)  please re-read what was posted to make sure you
don't jump to any conclusions. You summed it up when you said the JSC
article had NOTHING to do with 4H.  My post was ONLY about 4H.  So maybe we
agree and don't even know it.
Thanks, let's move on to another subject.  I think we all agree that 4H is
about education (I would certainly hope that you as a veterinarian and guest
scientist of the USDA feel that 4H is a worthwhile pastime), not about breed
altering or selective breeding.
I am sure you feel this article has some good information in it so I will
plan to read it.  We all have things to learn from one another, that is the
purpose of this list.  I just wish that before judgements are passed we try
to keep in perspective the issue at hand.  I respect your opinion, but
choose to stand with mine on this particular subject.
Nuf said.
Bonnie