[Jacob-list] fairs

Black, Tiar and Jason theblacks at interisland.net
Sun Aug 12 15:02:20 EDT 2001

I am just wondering if there is anyone who knows anything about state fair regulations? We are having our local county fair here next weekend and I as well as a couple of other breeders in the area are not bringing any of our sheep for fear of the superintendent that they have put in charge of the sheep barn. He has been convicted of stealing sheep here in our county and it concenrs us that we would have to put our best animals in his care AND give him our name and address! Our local fair board is aware of this and at last check I was under the impression that he was on the board or at least went to the meetings. i am not sure what to do as we have been beinging sheep to the local fair for years - my husband was raised here and this is the only year that he will not be bringing sheep. It is sad that they have chosen people like this to represent our community and to hinder our entries at our fair. There is not another Jacob breeder around here and it would be fun to have our new 4 horned ram lamb there. Any advise would be appreciated. Thanks
Tiar Black
ZLazyJ Farm
Friday Harbor WA