[Jacob-list] Jacob lilac question

Edd Bissell bissell at usit.net
Tue Aug 7 13:17:50 EDT 2001

>Where does the word "lilac" come from>???  It seems that lilac is all
>inclusive = i.e. anything that is not black.  I had a Jacob born years ago
>that had Barbado colored legs = and at that particular time a BBD/Jacob
>cross was impossible.  Luther and I decided to cull it = well, too bad now
>that we did it. I have had every possible color varient from brown to a
>purple look.

The Evan Meyes flock was I guess a true strong gene for what ever color you
would call it = ALL offspring were the same color and from eye patches to
leg color.  His son told Luther that his father went outside for a ram one
time and the B/Ws showed up - so thinking that this was the wrong color he
got rid of the ram, all of it's offspring, and went back to his original
colors.  Closed his flock again.

Edd Bissell
New Market, Tn.
www.eddbissell.com