[Jacob-list] Re; Gambrel use

Kathryn Shirley humbug7 at worldnet.att.net
Wed Aug 1 17:39:58 EDT 2001

I love the Gambrel restrainer.  While it is a bit on the small side for
the US's large sheep, I have successfully wrestled a really ticked off
200 pound ram into one, wrestled him into the back seat of the car and
took him to the vet.  The restrainer was the only thing on him and it
worked beautifully.  Though I have to admit that the vet was delighted
and dumfounded to find that I actually had one and used it.  I found
myself trotting back to the car with vet and several of his students in
tow to view a restrainer in action.

Kate Shirley