[Jacob-list] Re; Gambrel use

Robvcas at aol.com Robvcas at aol.com
Wed Aug 1 15:58:51 EDT 2001

Sounds like a rather wise question to me , Joan !  I straddle the sheep and
place the gambrel over the neck, then bring up one hoof and tuck it into the
side and then place the other hoof  in the gambrel (at this point, the sheep
will go down on the breastbone). Some sheep will just accept their fate at
this point, and some will struggle first and then give up. If they decide to
fight it, I just step back until they settle down.  The gambrel almost always
has the effect of quickly forcing the sheep into calm submission, though.
Robin