[Jacob-list] auction sheep/coyotes

linda wolfpen at rabun.net
Wed Apr 25 20:29:07 EDT 2001

I find the topic of "found" sheep very interesting.  I've talked to a couple of
Jacob breeders in my area (actually in South Carolina, but I'm just over the
border in Georgia).  Both did register at one time and both have been
members of Jacob Sheep organizations.  When I called one breeder, he told
me that he had just taken all his older (7 years) ewes to the auction. This was
awhile ago - he no longer has any Jacobs.  They were sold with no papers
and no history.  Another breeder has the last of a well known flock and he
sells at auction.
In Georgia, there were two predominant breeders for the exotic market.  I
think it might be fun to see if I can research those breeders.

And speaking of coyotes  -  Dave and I were driving back from a visit to
Patrice's a few weeks ago.  I had a chance to see some of the nice lambs
from Edd's stock- a number of lilacs and some very good looking babies.  I
took the scenic route home that goes through a wildlife management area.  I
about ran off the road when I saw a coyote trotting nonchalantly along the
shoulder of the road.

Linda
Who has a wall on the new house!!!
Check out our 2001 Jacob Sheep lambs at:
www.PatchworkFibers.com/lambs.html