[Jacob-list] grafting lambs

dbennet954 at earthlink.net dbennet954 at earthlink.net
Sat Apr 21 09:43:17 EDT 2001

Nora lost her ram lamb this year, he was really big and by the time I
realized she needed help, it was too late and I couldn't revive him. She
fixated on a week old ram lamb and followed him around trying to take
him from his mother. It didn't work. Two days later, my neighbor called,
a ewe had rejected a twin. We jugged this ewe lamb with Nora and held
her to let it nurse. Nora sunk into it, you could almost here her go
ahhh. She didn't want it near her after nursing, but wasn't really mean.
So, we held her and let it nurse several times a day and within forty
eight hours, Nora accepted the ewe lamb. We named the ewe lamb Wonder
Woman - half Jacob/half Romney cross, its a wonder she looks like a
Jacob and a wonder she's doing so well.

Debbie Bennett
Feral Fibre