[Jacob-list] Hunched ewe.

dave & katrina oberlef at desupernet.net
Sat Apr 21 15:38:47 EDT 2001

Question for those out there experienced in sheep medical care.  Our sheep are all out on pasture now and looking happy and healthy.  The robustness of the flock makes a two year old ewe (with twins)  stand out and make me wonder if something is up with her.   She is walking around kind of hunch-backed, is a little hollowed in at the sides and walks a little stiffly, but otherwise is fine..lambs are fine and healthy, seems to be eating well but I just have a sense there is something funny about her.  She has always seemed a little bit hunchbacked (arrived at our place last fall) but noticed before she birthed she was standing distinctly hunched (sorry can't come up with a better term)... She also limped a bit at that time (that probably was a pregnacy thing), but it seemed to pass and she birthed her lambs about a month ago without problem.  Seemed to be doing fine.  Today I was watching her in the pasture and she was off alone with her lambs and again was standing very hunched.  Something seems amiss, but have no clues from our prior experience.  She has been tested neg for OPP. Any ideas? By the way, the rams seemed especially interested in her today.

Horaks, just curious about the symptoms of the Lysosomal condition you are following...I realized I have no idea what the symtoms are that you are watching for.  Doubt this is related, of course, but just curious.
Katrina Lefever