[Jacob-list] Strange Love

Jim Spahr spahrfarm at dragonbbs.com
Fri Apr 20 11:51:20 EDT 2001

Cute story Susan!  We could use a ewe like Lucille this spring.  We have 3 nicely marked Jacob ram lambs that are not wanted by their mothers.  Two are with a Horned Dorset ewe that lost her large single lamb.  She does not try to hurt them, but has to be held to let them nurse.  The other lamb is with his own mother, but she somehow does not think he is hers and dodges him every time he tries to get a meal.  We hope to sell these lambs to a good home.
Our llama has exhibited some "strange love" also with my son's 4-H pigs.  We had him gelded thinking this would cure him.  He showed the same behavior the following year.

                                                         Mary Spahr