[Jacob-list] New Faces In The Flock

Judith Ostrom ostrom at genesisnet.net
Wed Sep 27 22:02:40 EDT 2000

Hi Folks,

I'm doing the dance of joy!!  We went out to F&F Maverick in Ft. Collins, CO and came home with one gorgeous 4H ram, Canberra Constible, and two lovely 4 and 5H ewes, Constible Cloe and Jones Independence.  These are our first 4H animals and I can't stop looking at them.  I come home from work, jump out of the car,  run out into the pasture to admire them!

I'm pasture breeding this year for the first time.  In years past I have put certain rams with certain ewes anticipating certain results.  Well, now I know THAT doesn't work.  So now we'll see if Nature is a better "selector" than I am.  I rather think so.  I didn't breed last year because I didn't have just the right ram.  Now I do.  Can hardly wait ''til spring.

BTW, our visit to Diane's and Janine's place was delightful--the "prettiest place in the country".  I wish I could have loaded every single Jacob into the trailer, they were all so nice.

Judy Ostrom
Genesis Farm
(P.S.  Nobody out there understood my last post, did you?)