[Jacob-list] lions and tigers and bears, oh my!

SJohn21855 at aol.com SJohn21855 at aol.com
Sun Sep 24 07:33:49 EDT 2000

Donna and all,
 I sent away and received some info on a "predator proof" fence. It was put
out by one of the Universities. Basically it was a very tightly pulled 8
strand electric fence. The bottom strand was very close to the ground (you'd
have to put gravel or weed killer under the fence to keep it from shorting
out) and the wires were placed pretty close together. At present I have a
woven wire fence with electric on the inside to keep the sheep from tearing
it down, and electric on the outside to keep the critters out.  It has worked
really well. Of course, if I had a huge pasture it would be extremely
expensive. My dogs are scared to death of it. They won't get near it.
 Anyway, if anyone is interested in the info, let me know and I will look it
up and post the address.
God bless,
Shelly