[Jacob-list] Showing

Jim Spahr spahrfarm at dragonbbs.com
Fri Sep 22 11:18:40 EDT 2000

Heather & all,

The JSBA has always had a breed standard.  If you have received the new Guidebook, you will see the breed standards included.  Someone had asked what card grading is.  I am sure there are others on the list who have a clearer idea than I have of what card grading entails.  I believe that the sheep are graded as excellent, good, fair, or unsuitable, rather than a first place, second place, etc.
I like the idea of a Jacob fleece contest (shorn), but have serious reservations about awards for "best markings", "best ears", etc.  I think the total animal should be evaluated, instead of focusing on color patterns or another single trait.

                                                                                        Mary Spahr