[Jacob-list] New Registry, etc.

Linda wolfpen at rabun.net
Thu Sep 21 11:27:51 EDT 2000

I did receive the new JSBA guidebook.  It's really well done.  I got so caught up in reading it, I never even got back
as far as the membership list. I'll be sending in my nominations this week.  For the rest of the JSBA membership -
please send in some nominations.  The associations belong to the members - so get involved!  And don't forget to vote!

Linda

On Thu, 21 Sep 2000 11:25:51 -0400, Jim Spahr  wrote:
>    I just browsed the new AJSR website.  I was  surprised to
>see a third registry formed.  It seems their philosophy is  that if
>it is not crossbred, it can be registered.  I agree with Linda B.
>that most of us, out of necessity, practice some sort of selection
>within our  flocks.  How can we retain or find buyers for all lambs
>produced?  I  feel that in our flock we are maintaining genetic
>diversity through our ewes (  around 60 ), while being more
>discriminating where our flock sires and rams sold  for breeding to
>other flocks are concerned.
> I think that Dr. Lincicome has brought up a  valid point concerning
>showing Jacobs.  The last thing that most of us want  to see happen
>is the development of a Jacob to just fit the showring.  What  about
>a card graded show?  Would a show conducted in this manner really be
> detrimental to the breed?
> Has anyone else received their new JSBA guidebook?  They  contain a
>lot of information, including a new membership list.
>

>          Mary Spahr

http://www.PatchworkFibers.com
Registered Jacob Sheep