[Jacob-list] Tetanus and horses

D&K OBERLEF oberlef at desupernet.net
Sat Sep 16 08:27:43 EDT 2000

Thanks for the info Robin...

While we do vaccinate for CD&T, I have never heard horses connected with the disease in humans, which is why my curiosity was peaked.  I have always connected tetanus with rusty nails.  I also am aware there are many different views about the importance of vaccinations.

Interesting that no one seems to have heard of horses being connected with tetanus...Ingrid Painter in her little Jacob book says on page 53.
  "13. We don't vaccinate for overeating disease or tetanus. As a new breeder you may want to do this as a precaution. If you have horses, or there have been horses on the property, you should give tetanus and an second booster shot in a few weeks."
I think Paula Simmons says the same thing (about horses), I will have to check it out.
Katrina
http://wwwfac.wmdc.edu/HTMLpages/Graduate/TI/pages/lefever/chicory.htm