[Jacob-list] Ivermectin

sbennett sbennett at teleport.com
Thu Oct 26 09:27:58 EDT 2000

I tried ivomec injections and had several animals cry out when they don't
seem to even feel a CDT shot. So, I deduced that ivomec, injected, must
sting and wanted an alternative. My vet told me it was more cost
effective to use ivomec injectable, used as drench, to double the dose on
the bottle. I've gone to drenching with ivomec in the Fall, before
breeding, and injecting Tramisole (levamisole) in the Spring. Tramisole
doesn't seem to sting when injected and is ALOT cheaper. Levamisole
should not be used within 45 days of breeding, or during pregnancy as it
can cause birth defects.

Debbie Bennett
Feral Fibre