[Jacob-list] Ivermectin

iseespots iseespots at email.msn.com
Tue Oct 24 07:54:32 EDT 2000

Hi,

I have used the pour-on a couple times.  My vet recommends against
it----wouldn't you know such a simple product!  Anyway.....the ivermectin
poured on will handle the parasites on the skin very well with this
solution, but the internal parasites are not as well taken care of----my
assumption from that information from him and another breeder would indicate
that using the pour-on would build tolerant parasites much more quickly to
this medication if used as a pour-on.

You can use the injectable as syringed into the mouth.  Just make sure you
don't shoot it out the opposite side and on your barn wall.  It doesn't do
much for the bugs there.

Mary Ellen
ISeeSpots Farm www.iseespots.com
Home of Jacob Sheep, Shetland Sheep,
and German Angora Rabbits, colored German Angora crosses.
Renewable fleeces, loving personalities, friends.