[Jacob-list] coyotes

Judith Ostrom ostrom at genesisnet.net
Tue Oct 17 20:48:26 EDT 2000

Hi Sue and All,

Finally!  Someone has had the same experience that we have had.  Horses as
LGH!  I have an old (15yo QH mare) who had her first foal 3 yrs ago.  I had
just gotten my flock shortly before she foaled and she bonded (?) or
something to the sheep.  She stands nearby or in the middle of  the flock
day and night,  with her head held high, looking, looking.  I have witnessed
Rodey trampling raccoons on 2 occasions.  I was shocked!  I have raised,
trained, showed, etc., etc., horses for 30 years and I have never seen
anything like this before!  Anyone else out there in Jacobland had this
happen?

Judy Ostrom
Genesis Farm, in Eastern Nebraska in the midst of a gorgeous