[Jacob-list] dogs and sheep

linda wolfpen at rabun.net
Fri Oct 13 18:37:11 EDT 2000

On Fri, 13 Oct 2000 17:11:36 EDT,  Shelley wrote:
 I know the dog will kill a small lamb (birth to three months, but
>she has never chased a large lamb before. I'm pretty disgusted with the dog
>at this point.
>Any suggestions would be appreciated.
>God bless,
>Shelly
>On the banks of the Cranberry River

I have to start this by saying that I know diddley squat about LGDs. But I do know something
about dogs and livestock.
Am I reading your post correctly?  Do you have a LGD that kills lambs?
I have a Great Dane, a Shar-Pei/Pit Bull cross, and a mutt dog. None of them will kill a lamb
(and they are often free to wander among the lambs). And if one of them ever did kill or
attack a lamb, they'd be a memory.

Linda

www.PatchworkFibers.com
Registered Jacob Sheep