[Jacob-list] breeding

Gary Fay gary792 at iname.com
Fri Oct 6 10:58:30 EDT 2000

Ms Mur[hy

I can speak to mice, that is a common practice when selecting for a
particular trait, so yes it can be done. The warning is that the
offspring may be 'duller' than the parents, (less sharp, but how smart
does a sheep have to be?) The other risk is any recessive gene/defect
has an increased chance of expressing itself. (Which could be fine if
you are in need of freezer filler...)

Gary