[Jacob-list] breed standard height

shepherd iseespots at email.msn.com
Mon May 22 13:13:21 EDT 2000

Hi all,

Unless somebody has information I have missed, there is no breed standard
associated with either JSBA or JSC or other extraneous information that has
height and/or lengths addressed.  There are questions in the research
project related to how long and tall the Jacob sheep submitted are at their
various ages.  The JSC describes the sheep as longer than tall.  From my
measurements here and what I have heard others talk about, at birth, the
lambs are taller than long.

The miniature breeders selling approach does have height included if memory
serves me correctly.  Problem is that when we discussed this a year or so
back on this list, our sheep were practically all miniatures per their
standard----I am personally turned off by the miniature market anyway, as
the overall goal is to sell rather than for the good of the individual breed
that is usually represented.

I would have loved to go to the expo this year, but time just did not permit
this to happen.  I do have to get out to see Edd soon.

Mary Ellen
ISeeSpots Farm www.iseespots.com
Home of Jacob Sheep, Shetland Sheep,
and German Angora Rabbits, colored German Angora crosses.
Renewable fleeces, loving personalities, friends.