[Jacob-list] Spinning

Jim Spahr spahrfarm at dragonbbs.com
Tue May 9 11:02:46 EDT 2000

Shelly,

I did not have the patience to use the drop spindle either, so went straight to an electric spinner.  I like to use it because it is small and I do not have to treadle.  I  control the twist and thickness of the yarn, so it is still handspinning.  I hope you enjoy your new spinning wheel.  I have 3 English Angora rabbits now, and like to blend their fiber with Jacob.  It makes a beautiful yarn, as Mary Ellen knows also.  I saw a lady once with her Angora on her lap, spinning the hair right off the bunny.  It really drew a crowd of people.

                                                                        Mary Spahr