[Jacob-list] Book

Jim Spahr spahrfarm at dragonbbs.com
Tue Jun 27 11:13:42 EDT 2000

I received my copy of Handspun Treasures from Rare Wools and am very pleased with it, although have not had the chance to read the entire book yet.  It shows several rare breeds (including Jacob), and all the winning entries made from rare wools used in the Save the Sheep project.  Congratulations to Robin Lynde from Ca. on her socks from CVM fleece.  The book touches on why some breeds are rare , who decides this, and why it matters.  The history of handspinning is also discussed.

                                                                                     Mary Spahr