[Jacob-list] Re: BSG

Penelope pcj at efn.org
Tue Jun 20 19:04:14 EDT 2000

At 14:53 6/20/00 EDT, BIDEWEE at aol.com wrote:
>In a message dated 6/20/00 9:00:31 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
>jacob-list-admin at jacobsheep.com writes:
>
><< I'm just wondering who (if any) from this list will be at the Black Sheep
> Gathering in Eugene OR this coming weekend. >>
>

>There should be lots of Jacob breeders at the BSG this weekend.  The Jacob
>sheep show will be held Friday midmorning and usually the Jacob pens are all
>located together so it's pretty easy to find everybody. There will be a JSBA
>booth in the vendor area and we're planning a regional meeting for approx.
>7:00 pm on Saturday evening after the Pot Luck.

	Wow, I wish I'd known in advance about the JSBA meeting.  7 pm is a little
late for us since we'll still have evening chores to do an hour away.  I
must have missed the notice somewhere.

	I did expect quite a few Jacob breeders, based on how many I saw there
last year.  Black Sheep marks my first full year keeping Jacob Sheep.  I
chose my first sheep there last year.  My spouse learned to do Navaho
Plying from someone at the JSBA booth (we didn't learn to spin until
another month later mind you, but he got plying down pretty quickly!),
whose name really shouldn't be escaping me.  Barb maybe?  I know we talked
to her there quite a bit, but I don't remember if she was who was plying.
--  --
Penelope Jacob, Doula (& John Nanci, Alchemist) pcj at efn.org
Quality horned milk goats & Jacob Sheep:  Stonering herd & flock.
Now llamas & emus too.
Year-And-A-Day Farm, Umpqua Valley, Oregon
radical, fundamental, ornery & friendly poly pagan folk