[Jacob-list] Thanks, keep the info coming!

Jacobflock at aol.com Jacobflock at aol.com
Thu Jun 15 23:59:58 EDT 2000

Fred Horak here.

There is a set of books by Paula Lawson (?), Managing Your Ewe and Lambing
Problems which can be very helpful.  They have a lot of "yes"/"no" flow
charts that help to zero in on possible problems...the diagnosis
process...and then tell what one should do.

On the first aid quick fix tricks.  Once again we had a 4 horn ewe take off a
lateral or side or drop horn at the skull while running through a gate with
the lamb "crowd".  Once again, ran to the barn, collected all the cobweb
material I could grab.  Made the cobwebs into a wad about an inch in diamter
and a 1/4 inch thick.  Stuck it over the "hole" in the skull, tied a strip of
gauze over the "web hole" and between the vertical and lateral horn on the
other side.  Healed perfect but she doesn't think clearly because of the
cobwebs on her brain.

Fred Horak: Texas. Home of the three big Texas lies...I won my belt buckle at
the rodeo, my pick-up truck is paid for and I raise Jacobs for fun and profit!