[Jacob-list] chicken funny

Lisa P bludoglady at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 13 10:55:16 EDT 2000

okay, last night as I was tossing and turning with the flu, I thought with
all this chicken talk ya'll might enjoy a funny story about chickens. So
here goes:
  My junior year in high school, my mom thought it would be a good thing for
me to raise about a hundred chicks to sell at market as a project, and some
extra money.
  I kept all the records, and only lost about three of the day old chicks in
shipping. Of course, we put them in the pig sty to keep the rats from eating
them, but when they got big enough to jump over the water trough, they
wandered into the pig pen. So instead of rats, I lost about a quarter to the
pigs. :0)
   Well, just before they were ready to be shipped off, the roosters started
fighting. Of course they were young enough not to attack us yet, so we did a
lot of breaking up of fights.
   One day I had had enough. Two of the roosters where at it again, and I
was NOT in a good mood. Now, I was a pretty good rock thrower in those days,
so I picked up a fist-sized rock to drop right between the fighting pair
when they split.(Can anyone see where this is going?)
   Okay, they did NOT split. One lunged towards the other as I let go. I
nailed him good, right on the head! Down he went like a ton of bricks, all
the roosters looking on in amazement! Well, he was also doing the death
shimmy. I freaked. I yelled to my mom that I had killed one of the roosters.
  It took me about a minute to get through to her what I was saying. To my
surprise, the "dead" rooster got up, walked around drukenly, then started
pecking and scratching at the ground.
  Well from then on, whenever they were fighting and saw me coming, it was
like the Exodus from the Bible! You couldn't find a rooster if you tried!
LOL Who says they are dumb birds?
  Just thought ya'll would like a funny thrown in here! :0)

In His Hands,
Lisa P.
Aussie Heaven
www.geocities.com/Heartland/Lane/5147/