[Jacob-list] big trip around & misc.

linda wolfpen at alltel.net
Sat Jul 29 10:22:16 EDT 2000

Thanks Mary Ellen for your kind comments.  I'm still pondering the term "lovely
culls." Is that an oxymoron?  Although to be honest, I'll have to say that
every year my culls get better looking!  And if that lilac wasn't a ram, he
(she) would be a keeper.

When Sharon stopped by with Spahr Farm Lorraine, Lorraine really fits in.  In
fact in the fog, I have trouble telling which one she is.  Due to my 8 year old
grandson's visit last week,  SF Lorraine is now "Boots" to distinguish her from
PW Lorraine and Rockies Sophia is now "Soapy" due to a bottom wash. (slight
case of diarrhea).  Soapy became his personal favorite as she followed him
around pushing him to ask for some corn. Very friendly ewe.  Sharon had a
lovely Puddleduck Sir James ram on her trailer heading to her farm as well as
two beautiful two
horned ewes.  I've never seen two horned sheep with spreads like that.  Very
impressive!

Mary sent along some fleeces for us to share and I grabbed one at random.  It's
gorgeous!!!!  Really, really soft.  This one is definitely going to used for a
special project - maybe blended with some angora.

I'd be very interested in some sort of a get together at SAFF.  I'd love to
meet the many nice people that I've "talked" to via email.  And speaking of
SAFF, I noticed last year that the yarn competition was poorly respresented by
Jacob breeders.  I know alot of people spin, knit, weave etc.  How about
entering a few skeins and finished items to help promote our breed???  I'll
have to dig out the information from last year, but I think entries can be
mailed and I think anyone can enter from anywhere, not just the SE.

Linda