[Jacob-list] (no subject)

WenlochFrm at aol.com WenlochFrm at aol.com
Wed Jul 19 20:14:31 EDT 2000

Shearing day finally happened here. What a sight! Everyone is running around
looking like plucked chickens. The lambs are searching for their mothers and
haven't a clue as to which one she is, and the rams had to be separated
because they were trying to seriously hurt one another. Speaking of rams, I
guess it's time I thinned some of them out. After wrestling more than a dozen
of them to the floor, the shearer, with sweat running down his face,  wanted
to know if I was running a refuge for rams. That did it. After that I didn't
have the nerve to mention the ones still waiting to be done in outside pens,
so now I guess I'll have to be doing them myself by hand. I'm easily
intimidated. Well, got to go for now. Time to go feed the refugees.

Joan Franklin