[Jacob-list] ram pens

Penelope pcj at efn.org
Sat Jul 8 14:25:49 EDT 2000

Sometime around 08:55 7/6/00 -0400, Sugar Hill Farm typed:
>Hi all,
>
>I have had rams in the next pasture from ewes also with no problems.  Same
>for Jacob and Shetlands running together in the same pasture, no problem.  I
>agree that temperment makes a difference.  Rams in side by side pastures
>have created fence ramming, but that stops after they get aquainted (not
>that I like the ramming).

	I don't expect to have rams near each other for a few more years -- phew!
I think we're leaning toward trying the ram area beside the ewe area, it
would be more convenient there at least, if the sheep will cooperate.  One
person has suggested more spacing, but most others seem to say it should be
okay, if the personalities of the sheep are okay.  We're choosing for
personality along with fleece and good horns, so I hope this will be okay.

Thanks for the information everyone!
--
"...Shine my life like a light..." (the indigo girls)
Penelope Jacob pcj at efn.org  in the hills of Yoncalla, Oregon

Working on baby #1 - due for birth at home in September or October 00