[Jacob-list] Vets

SteffArce at aol.com SteffArce at aol.com
Sat Jul 8 12:32:41 EDT 2000

Thank you Marcia for your suggestions. I know the vet through our other
animals and yes they are quite willing to answer questions over the phone,
talk me through a procedure such as the too large lamb at birth. My problem
is that there are 6 vets in the office and they rotate days/weekends. But
then they all know me well except 1 now. Being I'm in a ranching area, the
vet is familiar with sheep. I know that just 15 miles away in the city there
are vet's not that familiar with sheep.
Then do they know about Jacob sheep? Only one of the 6 in this vet office
knew the Jacob sheep breed immediately last year. And I call her. These vets
were use to a norm of 10 to 15lb lambs being born!
That's why I feel it is great to have this list. Y'all work with, raise Jacob
sheep. You have specific experiences with this breed. And they are one of the
smaller breeds of sheep, with a lot of personality.
Stephanie
SteffArce at aol.com